Friday, February 15, 2008

Winter work

Sorry that I have been absent for a while. Contrary to most people's impression, winter is my busiest period here with the gites. I spent the time bringing up to scratch the gites for the next season.

This teamed with the fact that I have had problems with my computer and also uploading photos, has led to an empty blog for a while.

Before Christmas, I replaced two of the b
athrooms in Cerise. Originally, the bathrooms had showers recuperated from two other bathrooms downstairs in Poire, but the shower trays had to be installed raised from the floor in order for the waste pipes to pass. This together with corner opening doors, made it awkward to get in and out.

The main bathroom shower was taken out completely and I put in a bath with a shower over. Baths are more popular for families with small children.

T
he ensuite shower doors were replaced with a complete side opening door.

All the pipes in both bathrooms were boxed in, to make it easier for cleaning.

This finished I decorated the hall and replaced the polystyrene ceiling with tongue and groove wood cladding.


No comments: